Thyroid Support & DoTERRA Essential Oils
Hello! In response to the many comments I received on Instagram regarding my thyroid essential oil blend, I put together a little post below for all of you wishing to know more and start receiving the amazing benefits of essential oils in supporting your thyroid function.
- First thing first- I am not a Dr. or a naturopath. Please take a look at this site all on thyroid diseases before considering essential oils! http://www.outsmartdisease.com
- Second – one of the number one things that keeps popping up regarding preventing autoimmune disease is reducing the toxins in the home. Our water, cleaning and beauty products, even cooking utensils are all laden with hormone disrupting chemicals that are very toxic over time to our health!. (Essential oils will work best for you if you are reducing toxic load so the oils can do their thing) Think shampoo, conditioner, soaps, deodorants, perfume, makeup, hair styling products, Teflon, microwaves, plastic drinking bottles, tap water etc! (And that’s only the tip of the iceberg). Remember- before you go out and buy a whole new bathroom cabinet full of products – when buying natural products make sure they do not contain soy or wheat protein & Always read the ingredients!
- Thirdly, diet. What are you eating? Do you consume a lot of sugar? Are you paleo? Vegan? Some of these fad diets may make you worse. Please see the above mentioned website for more info! Remember, what works for one person may not work for another, however one thing is clear, high sugar consumption and poor gut health (leaky gut, overuse of antibiotics leading to poor gut microbiome etc) will definitely make thyroid conditions worse!
Finally, here are Some of the DoTERRA products to consider for supporting autoimmune disease, thyroid conditions, stress levels and energy:
- Food Nutrient Complex, Cellular Vitality Complex and/or Chewable Multivitamin (some of which also contains kelp for thyroid support) for ongoing health maintenance, increasing cellular health, energy and vitality and enabling the body to function optimally by making available more of the nutrients necessary for the body to function properly, such as the thyroid gland. All of DoTERRA’s supplements are completely natural and contain essential oils which are easily assimilated by the body, unlike other “synthetic vitamins” which not only may not be beneficial but can be downright toxic!
(Note! All DoTERRA supplements must be shipped from the USA. They are not available on the Australian site.)
- The energy and Stamina complex is another supplement that greatly benefits both the nervous system and endocrine system. The herbs contained in it can help the adrenal glands (closely related to thyroid issues) reduce cortisol levels (stress hormone), are highly antioxidant, and support neurological function.
Finally, the Essential oils best recommended for thyroid issues are: (and I can only recommend DoTERRA as they are the only certified pure therapeutic grade oils on the market and therefore contain absolutely no chemicals, fillers, carrier oils etc which could make thyroid disease worse!)
- Clove oil – extremely antioxidant and enables proper communication between cells – imperative for bodily functions
- Lemongrass oil – supports the thyroid gland by helping to achieve balance. It is beneficial to the immune system, antitumour & revitalising. I really love diffusing this one all day long!
- Peppermint oil – avoid this until you finish breastfeeding. However Peppermint oil also supports functioning of the thyroid gland and can increase energy and stamina, so lacking in the under active thyroid patient!
- Myrrh – again very antioxidant, anti inflammatory (similar to frankincense) and supports an underactive thyroid.
- Frankincense oil. It’s expensive but so vital. It is the king of essential oils and also enhances the effect of all other oils. It’s high in properties that are antiinflammatory at the cellular level and for benefiting and balancing the hormonal system. It can reprogram miswritten information in the cells (leading to disease, such as autoimmune disease). Take 1-2 drops under the tongue or in water every day. Always use it with the thyroid blend to enhance all the properties in the blend and therefore enhance the benefits to you.
- Basil oil – supports the adrenal glands by stimulating them to achieve balance and is a tonic for the nervous system. It is energising, restorative, antioxidant and anti inflammatory. However Do not use basil during pregnancy.
Here is the recipe for my thyroid support essential oil blend:
20-30 drops each of:
peppermint, clove, lemongrass, frankincense, myrrh essential oils and FCO.
Lemongrass and basil oil is also a nice diffuser blend!
You can also try Applying 1-2 drops of basil oil topically everyday to the adrenal glands located just below the ribs at the back of your body.
Finally, a good point to remember is that Essential oils will be of the most benefit once you have removed the toxic load and are already following natural protocols to achieve good balance and health!
If you have any questions and comments or would like to know how to purchase essential oils at wholesale prices, host a workshop (or attend a wellness event) feel free to get in touch with me at email@example.com or Instagram @fitly_fitness4realwomen
Alternatively you can purchase essential oils here at retail prices:
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!