Gluten Free Banana, Pear & Coconut Cake
- 300 g ripe banana
- 1 Ripe Pear
- 3 free range / organic eggs
- 60 g honey or organic maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean or Vanilla bean paste
- 60 g cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda ( bicarb soda) + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g ( 1 1/2 cups ) almond meal
- 25 g (1/4 cup) buckwheat flower
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- Walnuts, extra slided banana or pear
- Combine banana, honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon. ( the lemon activates the bicarb) in a blender or food processor & blend up all these ingredients like a smoothie, then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond meal and mix well.
- Add the buckwheat flour and gluten free flour and mix well.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin or round cake dish and also if you coat it with extra almond meal this will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- Spoon batter into the tin and place on top the chopped walnuts and sliced fruit. Bake for 45 minutes to 50mins.
- Makes 1 loaf serves 6-8
- Serve warm with butter (my favourite) or at room temperature with a little ricotta and honey.
- keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.
This is a perfect snack for my 1yr old baby, I try not to feed her sugar, dairy or gluten so this recipe is perfect for her. Its also a healthy dessert option, or quick breakfast for me. Maybe try it with some tahini for extra protein. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
And remember, eat only until you are 80% full and do not forget the 80 / 20 rule!
Original recipe here
Leave a Reply