Do you find it hard to stick to regular exercise? You might benefit from simply finding out what your fitness style is. Finding out what suits you and finding some form of activity that you enjoy could be the key to maintaining a regular exercise program and finally achieving your weight loss goals.
Here are a few suggestions and I recommend trying them all at least once, you never know what you might enjoy or who you could meet!
- Team Sports
- Group fitness classes at a local gym
- Personal training
- Outdoor style fitness classes, e.g Boot Camp
- Dance classes or lessons
- Joining a Cross Country or Road Runners clubs and participating in weekly fun runs
- Yoga or Pilates
- Exercising with a partner
- Self Defence / Boxing classes
- Indoor sports centre
- Mountain Biking Clubs
- Road Cycling Clubs
- Body Building
- Home Gym or Cardio equipment e.g Treadmill, exercise bike or weights
- Walking or cycling to work
- Roller Derby
- Bushwalking on the weekends
One thing amongst all this is for certain: Exercising with a partner, whether it be a friend, a husband/wife, personal trainer, team or club, influences and motivates us more than exercising alone.
The trick is: Don’t do something you absolutely hate, because more than likely you wont end up exercising at all.
Can you think of any other forms of activity that you could do a couple of times per week?
In good health,