Last week I went stir crazy. How terrible was the rain?
The wind bellowed so loud and strong I thought our windows were going to cave in, and the rain never ended! It almost completely upset my precarious routine that I have structured without even realising it.
Anyway, sitting around the house while everyone is at work, not being able to go for a run or walk to the wharf to watch the water and boats .. (yes i enjoy doing that…it’s not lame, it’s nice…) I started to feel that old friend Guilt. When Guilt visits I usually do either of two things
- I turn to my mother of all comforts and distractions – chocolate and novels
- I ignore it and I crush Guilt down by doing the unexpected and not giving up
This week i chose number 2! Yay for me! It was only the rain frustrating my plans and I was not going to let that happen. So I did a workout in my teeny tiny exposed flat. I certainly gave my neighbors a performance! Anyway, I know you won’t believe it, but it was FUN! I actually ended up working out for longer than I planned, I was really enjoying the music. (Sooo much better than the music in a gym or group fitness class!!) Here’s a rough idea of what I did, and what you can do too – No gym fees involved! (Or scary middle-aged women in their workout gear AKA g-string leotards… trust me I’ve seen it all)
- Awesome music
- Small dumbells or canned food
- 10 mins of cardio to warm up E.g jogging on the spot, low impact aerobics moves (side taps, knee lifts etc)
- 3 sets 10 reps with or without dumbells of : Squats
- Push Ups
- 10 more mins of high impact cardio (skipping without a rope obviously… unless you have a very big home, high knees lifts,star jumps, sprint on spot on toes
- 3 sets of 10 reps with dumbells of: Bent over row
- Biceps curl and Shoulder Press
Then you finish with some stretches. In total it took me about 40 mins.
Have fun you wonderful people out there! I know you will enjoy it. I know you will feel better and look better afterwards! Go get your trainers on! You could even do it with a friend, if you have the room.
Don’t know how to do the above mentioned exercises? Book in for a training session with me and I’ll show you the correct techniques to get you started. firstname.lastname@example.org