Never Give Up: how to stay focused
Leading up to my wedding, I was working a lot and was feeling very stressed out. I really wanted to look my best, as any bride does, but for me it wasn’t just wanting look my best, I knew I would be needing to feel my best. Confidence can make you more beautiful and attractive to others than having no confidence, even if you haven’t shed those kilo’s yet.
Studies have shown that having a goal and actively working towards it can give us meaning in our lives. And exercising is one of the only ways to produce or release more endorphins in our brains which make us feel happy. So if your goal is to lose a couple of kilos and you are actively seeking it, then no matter what, you are going to feel good about yourself on your wedding day. And those endorphins will help you relax = better sleep = better overall health for you. No puffy eyes, bad skin, grumpiness…..etc!
Here are some tips to stay focused & active leading up to your wedding day so that you will feel AMAZING and look it too!!
- Focus on how you’re going to maintain your ideal weight when you reach it.
- Focus on getting fit and strong, not necessarily losing weight to look good.
- Take it one day at a time. If you stuff up or don’t workout, treat the next day as if you did. Just get right back into your routine.
- Make exercise a habit. It takes 21 days or 3 weeks to form a habit and even less to break it!
- Join a gym or get a personal trainer.
- Walk everywhere!! ( I started walking to work both ways leading up to my wedding, on top of my regular workout routine, and it really shifted those hard to lose 2-3 kilos’ that I’d been carrying around for the last 3-4yrs!)
- Eat healthy, nutritious meals 3x day.
- Cut back on alcohol ( it is most sabotaging to your diet! You may as well be drinking a glass of fat each night, it is almost the same in calories!)
- Always have healthy snacks with you.
- Talk positively to yourself and about yourself ALWAYS.
- Write down your goal and put it on the fridge.
- Imagine how you will feel on your wedding day if you do nothing about your goals.
- Mix up your cardio routine – walking, jogging, cycling, boxing, swimming. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you aim to do 25-30mins of cardio 5 x week, or 45mins cardio 3 x week. ( for me, I get the best result s doing 25 mins of cardio everyday.)
- Listen to your body. Rest when you need to, as it’s more beneficial for your body than working out when your body is exhausted anyway!
If you would like more tips on how to stay focused, no matter what your goal or your motivation is, please email me at email@example.com and for $5 month you can recive a workout program and advice from me. Alternatively, I run group and one on one sessions in the north shore area.
In good health =)
Leave a Reply